Our client, a regional leader commercial real estate has provided sales, leasing, and construction management expertise to its clients and tenants in Texas and Louisiana successfully for over 15 years. With the strategic locations of its developments in the Gulf Coast region they are quickly becoming one of Houston’s fastest growing industrial developers. This client is looking to add a Property Accountant to their team!
- Posse the ability to multi-task and handle the accounting responsibilities for numerous construction/development projects and multiple commercial real estate entities.
- Working with management to develop accurate project budgets
- Able to understand project forecasted income statements and provide recommendations to improve asset performance
- Will create and maintain a comprehensive list of Project Numbers for all projects.
- Will track, code and analyze actual to budget cost for each project.
- Will review and record monthly transactions as necessary.
- Calculate, Prepare and Post Journal Entries into G/L
- Calculate, prepare and post monthly amortization of prepaid expenses and accrual of liabilities.
- Responsible for monthly G/L close for numerous entities using QuickBooks.
- Prepare Month-End Financial Statements.
- Reconcile bank accounts for multiple entities.
- Prepare Balance Sheet account reconciliations.
- Maintain all fixed assets records and depreciation/amortization schedules.
- Responsible for reconciliation of inter-company balances.
- Responsible for analyzing and tracking tenant improvements, property repairs, lease obligations, and lease commissions and calculate yearly depreciation
- Assist with coordinating annual audit.
- Assist with annual franchise, property and income tax compliance.
- Assist will special tax transactions related to real estate
- Work with Property Manager and Property Tax Consultants on valuations, compliance and litigations as necessary.
- Work with Property Manager to analyze annual operating expenses and property tax reconciliation to adjust tenant billing
- Review and track existing tenant leases for rent escalations and insurance requirements/compliance.
- Assist in creating and implementing Standard Operational Procedures for Accounting Department.
- Will secure approval and code of all project A/P invoices before sending to payables.
- Provide support and for Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable related to tenant, projects ro collections issues.
- Will create new entities in QuickBooks as needed with a standard COA.
- Work with CFO on forecasting cash requirements for all projects
- Other responsibilities as they may be assigned.
- Position reports to the CFO
- Degreed Accountant (Bachelor’s or higher)
- 3+ years’ experience in QuickBooks
- 5+ years of Real Estate and/or Construction accounting work experience
- Excellent communication presentation both written and oral
- Excellent computer skills, experienced with Microsoft Office including strong Excel
- This function interacts with Accounting Department, Management, Operational and Administration staff as necessary.
- Must be able to maintain complete confidentiality
- Be a positive influence on office environment
- Be a team player
- Be detail oriented
- Self-starter who can display independent judgment
- Ability to work under deadlines and pressure
- Must be able to take initiative