Our client in the Galleria Area client is currently seeking a Payroll Clerk to support the processing of payroll for all employees and consultants.
- Review and verify timesheets and work orders to ensure accuracy of payroll and of job costing.
- Manage employee’s communication through payroll email box.
- Follow up as needed with contractors confirming receipt of timesheet/expense report and for missing timesheets.
- Provide employees and management information by answering questions and requests.
- Compile and submit payroll status and other reports to supervisors and managers.
- Maintain complete and accurate payroll accounting files.
- Perform additional or special tasks or projects as requested
- Prepare and update Standard Operating Procedure documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related filed preferred
- 1-3 years in payroll processing experience
- Knowledge of payroll rules and regulatory and compliance issues.
- Understanding of payroll tax laws is desired.
- Must be able to maintain confidential information.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications and a high comfort level to learn new programs.
- Prior experience with In-house payroll systems