Lab Tech Support/Quality Control
Our client in Pasadena is seeking a Lab Tech Support/Quality Control candidate to provide ongoing quality assurance support to daily production and developmental needs that is relevant to the quality standards under approved specified methods to meet the company growth, customer requirements and assist with the quality TEAM.
- Monitoring product quality to ensure compliance with specifications and standards.
- Conducting chemical or physical lab tests to help assist Supervisors and Managers reach
specified goals and decisions relevant to quality assurance of the company.
- Compiling and interpreting results of tests and analyses.
- Providing and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Setting up and conducting experiments.
- Effective communication and interpretation of observed results.
- Communicate issues relevant to the operational needs.
- Communicate low levels of inventory materials on a timely basis.
- Preparing chemical solutions for products and procedures.
- Maintaining, cleaning or sterilizing lab instruments and equipment.
- Providing technical support or assistance to Chemists, Engineers and Managers.
- Documenting and writing experimental results.
- Capable to handle gases, liquids, solvents and other related chemicals under the safety
- Ability to consistently keep the work environment orderly and safe.
- Maintain extremely close attention to details.
Equipment Experience Required:
- FTIR, GC, Flashpoint, Density Meter, TOC
- Refractometer, Colorimeter, DSC, pH Meter, Particle Size determination
- Viscometer, KF and XRF
- Brabender Rheology
- 2 Roll Mill
- Other related equipment(s).
- Technically minded, hardworking, detail oriented, organized, team oriented and eager to learn.
- Ability to conduct physical and chemical laboratory tests.
- Ability to conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis on solids, liquids, gases, etc.
- Willing and able to provide exceptional services to the quality assurance TEAM and Management.
- Comfortable with basic computer requirements on Excel, Word, Power-Point, etc.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Reliable, punctual and interactive with others.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written format.
- Strong Inorganic and Organic Chemistry background.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Prior Laboratory and Technical Assistance experience highly desirable.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- College education background
- Good trouble shooting skills.
- Detail Oriented to ensure Quality Assurance.
- Basic computer skills.
- Chemical and Plastics(Polymer) manufacturing experience.
- Good Laboratory skills.
- Good process analysis skills.