VP of Business Development
Our manufacturing client in west Houston is adding a Vice President of Business Development to their leadership. This sales executive will focus on growing key accounts in a new direct sales channel, increase brand recognition for the company in the customer market, manage marketing efforts, and eventually grow a sales team for this new channel. Strategic sales planning, staff oversight, and execution to move company growth forward are key for this role. This role will of course have KPIs and metrics to track success and a good understanding of the company’s culture and team will be crucial. Responsibilities include:
- Creation of sales strategies for direct sales channel, including forecasts, action plans, budgets, tracking and analyzing for results
- Grow key accounts to manage, including prospecting, soliciting, value proposition, and managing the sales pipeline through to completion of sale
- Manage marketing team and all sales collateral/assets, both for the distributor channel and the newly created direct sales channel
- As accounts grow, create programs to train, manage, and evaluate employees, including establishing territories, KPIs, and goals.
- Provide leadership, support, and coaching to both the sales and marketing teams
A degree is preferred with at least 20 years of experience managing strategic accounts and managing a sales or marketing team. Must have at least 3-4 years of experience at the Vice President level. Experience in a manufacturing or distribution setting is preferred. This VP will report directly to the President and be a member of the Leadership Team, requiring extensive experience with leadership, team building up and down the organization, people management, and building a culture of sales success. They are looking for someone who can partner with the President to create innovative, in-depth, and gritty strategies to take the company to the next level in a new sales channel. Package includes competitive salary and commissions structure, robust health benefits, life insurance, profit sharing, 401(k) with match, generous PTO, and much more. If you’re a proven sales leader looking for your next exciting challenge, apply now!