Our Galleria client is seeking an experienced Tax Manager to manage the review of all tax returns, extensions, and tax planning. To qualify for this role, you must have public accounting experience, CPA certified, and have a high sense of urgency. Duties are listed below-
- Prepares complex federal and state income taxes and estate and gift taxes
- Supervises and manages large tax engagements
- Identifies solutions for client issues
- Completes assignments within budgeted time frame and within firm quality standards
- Assigns projects to appropriate team members
- Recognizes opportunities to provide additional services to new or existing clients
- Assists in business development by meeting with potential clients
- Maintains long-term focus on client relationships by maintaining client contact with appropriate individuals throughout the year
- Coaches, develops, and motivates fellow staff members, including interns through senior associates
- Assists in the development and training of new staff
- Recruits for future staff hires
A bachelor’s degree in accounting is required, but a master’s in taxation is preferred with a minimum of four years tax experience. Strong knowledge and experience in tax preparation and review is required along with authoritative federal and state taxation including income taxes and estate and gift taxes.
If you are comfortable working in a deadline driven environment with the ability to manage multiple projects, apply now!