This position is no longer accepting applications. Please contact us for other opportunities.
Our privately held CPA client in The Woodlands is seeking an experienced Tax Manager to manage the review of all tax returns, extensions, and tax planning. To qualify for this role, you must be CPA certified and have a high sense of urgency. Duties are listed below-
- Supervise, coach, direct, and review the work of tax staff
- Meet with Prospects, and assign and communicate next steps to the Client Service Coordinator
- Recognize client problem areas and assist with formulation and implementation of solutions
- Interface with taxing authorities
- Analyze IRS notices and prepare/review responses
- Consult with clients regarding their tax issues
- Prepare individual returns for sophisticated level business clients
- Research more complex accounting and tax issues as required
- Supervise and review all tax projects
- Prepare partnership, C Corp and S Corp returns, trust, and gift tax returns
- Prepare complex tax projections
- Conduct tax planning projects for individuals and businesses
A bachelor’s degree in accounting is required with a minimum of six years tax and accounting experience. Strong knowledge and experience in tax preparation and review is required along with authoritative federal and state taxation including income taxes and estate and gift taxes. This role is ideal for someone looking for growth within the company. Apply now to fast track to Partner!