Our Houston client is seeking a Staff Accountant to maintain and control the General Ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization. This individual will be assisting the controller with all month-end operations, processing and recording all accounts payable transactions, as well as managing invoices and staff reimbursements. Other primary tasks are as follows:
- Manage the processing of cash receipts, recording of revenue and receivable.
- Perform the processing of functional and benefits expense allocations, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, if necessary.
- Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, employer’s benefit costs, accruals and prepaid expenses.
- Request and send outgoing wires from various warehouse banks to title for loan funding.
- Apply and record purchase advices to the warehouse as well as in Encompass.
- Monitor and collect data to assess accuracy and integrity; analyze data; ensure compliance with applicable standards (i.e. GAAP), rules, regulations and systems of internal control; interpret and evaluate results, prepare documentation; create financial reports and/or presentations.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field, and be organized, detail-oriented, interpersonal, analytical, and great at problem-solving. Proficiency in Microsoft Office is mandatory, as well as excellent written and verbal communications skills. Additional qualifications include:
- Ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Be able to demonstrate attention to details and good-record-keeping.
- Team player and can collaborate with other teams in the organization.
- Demonstrate a proficient level of professional skill and/or knowledge in accounting and keep current with developments and trends. Knowledge and ability to use applicable information technology and systems to meet work needs.
If you meet the above requirements and are ready to start your next step in your accounting career, apply now!