Our client in central Houston is seeking a Staff Accountant to support the Accounting department by performing a variety of other financial duties. This includes maintaining the general ledger, reviewing financial statements, preparing financial reports, assisting with audits, and budgeting processes, and reconciling accounts. You will also process payroll, assist with benefits administration, and deal with AP/AR. Other responsibilities include:
- Maintain financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Prepare journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes.
- Contribute to the development and review of annual operating budgets and performance projections.
- Maintain documentation for accounts payable, purchasing, and treasury and conducting internal audits.
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Respond to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is highly preferred with at least 2 years of accounting experience. Prior QuickBooks experience is also preferred. Must have working knowledge of GAAP, strong numeracy and analytical skills, and strong attention to detail. If you are looking for the next best step in your career, apply now!