Special Events Assistant
Our client in the Greenway Plaza-area needs a Special Events Assistant to be the right hand to the Director of the Department. This position will be responsible for preparing, coordinating, and organizing all the company’s events, luncheons, parties, and dinners. Flexibility with hours for events is needed for this role. Additional duties include:
- Organize and coordinate approximately 20 events per year
- Organize, conduct, and lead numerous city, county, state and federal fundraisers
- Prepare and distribute invitations to events that the company conducts/contributes
- Update and maintain events/political calendar, including sending invitations to events
- Complete and provide individual contribution forms to candidates
- Fill associate tables sponsored by the company
- RSVP attendance to various events
- Keep and maintain accounts payable filing
- Register and file all monthly client reports
- Register all employees for conferences
- Assist with all firm employee annual parties, dinners, lunches, and events
- Assist with firm employee annual photo
Between 3-5 years’ prior experience organizing, coordinating, and directing large scale corporate or social events is required. Strong communication skills and multitasking skills are needed, as well as strong proficiency with Microsoft Office. You must also be able to work independently with a go-getter attitude to make sure deadlines are met. Strong attention to detail is another must have.
In addition to competitive pay and benefits, this firm provides an exceptional firm culture, long-tenured staff, and an employee-centric approach. This is a great opportunity for an individual looking to take the next step to becoming a corporate event planner.