Senior Manager, CPA
Our Houston accounting client is seeking a highly professional Senior Manager, CPA with over ten years of experience in public accounting and tax. This individual will be responsible for leading and managing multiple tax engagements to deliver quality tax services to clients. By doing so, strong interpersonal communication skills are mandatory, along with the ability to multitask and be detail oriented. Other responsibilities and qualifications are as follows:
- Reviews federal and state income tax returns for individuals, businesses, benefit funds, real estate, and exempt organizations.
- Handles federal, state and local tax audits.
- Prepares research memoranda, written correspondence/guidance, and other documents for submission to the IRS or other taxing authorities.
- Trains and supervises staff, reviews and evaluates their work.
- Manages multiple clients, budgets and production goals.
- Master’s degree in taxation or finance.
- CPA license.
- Tax audit experience.
- Significant supervisory experience (2+ years).
- Proficiency in ProSystem FX, BNA, and MS office preferred
- Research proficiency.
- Well-rounded in dealing with high net worth individuals and businesses.
- Foreign tax experience preferred.
If you enjoy building new/existing client relationships and have strong accounting/analytical skills, this position offers excellent opportunities for leadership and career advancement to the right candidate.