Chief of Staff
This position is no longer accepting applications. Please contact us for other opportunities.
Our Houston-based client is looking for an intelligent, hard-working self-starter to provide sophisticated support to one or more Partners. The candidate will work one-on-one with the Partners on a variety of professional and personal projects. Tasks will include the oversight of assets, including investment accounts, properties, trusts and other interests; acting as the primary point of contact and liaison between the executives and colleagues, professional advisors and third parties; the management of personal, professional and family calendars; coordinating travel arrangements; and working on other projects as assigned. This position will, on occasion, require coordination and teaming with other positions supporting other members of the firm on a project-by-project basis. The position may require work beyond normal business hours or on weekends.
The candidate must possess a high level of personal discretion and interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy, as well as the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization. This detailed professional must also possess the ability to anticipate the needs of the executives and respond accordingly while working in an environment with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Handling confidential matters
- Oversight of personal and family assets, including investment accounts, properties, trusts and other interests
- Interface with tax advisors, lawyers, trustees and other external professionals
- Getting involved in various ad-hoc projects as and when required by the executives and/or other family members
- Carrying out tasks on behalf of the executives such as travel arrangements, arranging meetings, etc.
- Handling standard clerical duties
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least five years of prior office experience
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Clear ability to successfully interact with diverse internal and external constituencies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Must possess a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations