Our oil and gas client in Southwest Houston is seeking a Publicist to assist in building the brand and promoting the corporate foundation. The primary focus of this role is to target appropriate audiences through social media and events to create recognition. Responsibilities are as follows-
- Delivers well-thought-out communication strategies to help clients engage in the media landscape in a strategic way that drives PR coverage in top-tier titles
- Secure media placements for the added value of an editorial endorsement
- Act as a liaison between the client and social media to boost morale
- Communicate clients target media
- Create and maintain a positive image while fostering strong relationships with the client’s audience through strategic media placements
- Build strong relationships with media contacts across the national and regional outlets
- Be able to identify new producers, writers, reporters, and editors who can help tell the story
Coordinate any publicity event for the client Social Media Aspect:
- Work to understand, engage, and thrive on social media
- Choose the right platforms to reach the targeted audience
- Create the most relevant and trending content
- Coordinate socializing opportunities
- Translate story into social media campaigns
- Build brand awareness
- Create long-lasting client loyalty
- Create content through brand-based verbiage, graphics, films, and other creative elements
- Focus on engagement and educating the audience
- Understand social media analytics and organic targeted lists
A Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communication, or a related field is required. The candidate must also have a well-built client list. Strong writing and editing skills are mandatory for social media purposes.
Benefits package included with insurance, 401(k), paid holidays, and vacation.
If you are looking fort the next best step in your career, apply now!
*This position is closed. Please submit your resume below for other opportunities.