Our Houston client is seeking a Professional Engineer to perform technical energy analyses on commercial buildings using cutting edge energy modeling software. This role involves managing analysts, working closely with the software development team, and conducting site visits. To excel in this position, you must have strong technical and analytical skills, be driven, and hardworking. Responsibilities include:
- Conduct research on energy codes and review existing energy performance analysis of buildings
- Study commercial HVAC, lighting, and building envelope systems to understand the energy performance of the existing buildings compared to baseline
- Research emerging renewable energy technologies and report on their applicability to the energy incentive
- Survey buildings to verify completion of work as it pertains to the requirement of the energy incentive
- Manage the certification program for energy efficient buildings
Bachelor’s degree and Professional Engineering License with minimum of 3 years’ engineering experience required. MBA with some energy efficiency and construction design experience strongly preferred. This is a heavy travel role requiring strong self-management as well as technical skills. Individuals who are driven, ambitious, and motivated will excel in this role.