Our client in Downtown Houston is seeking a Practice Assistant to provide secretarial and administrative support to attorneys and assigned personnel. This role will be responsible for maintaining client relations, the integrity of attorney-client confidentiality, and supervising general administrative tasks.
A minimum of three years legal experience is required, with a bachelor’s degree being preferred. Prior work experience in a corporate setting with transactional experience is also required. Other skill sets needed to qualify are proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs, Elite Enterprise, and Adobe.
The above qualifications will assist you in performing the following duties:
- Compose legal documents, memos, correspondence, and other items of a confidential and complex nature from multiple sources, such as verbal, dictation, hand-written documents and e-mail.
- Enters daily timekeeping information utilizing the Firm’s technological resources.
- Proofreads all material produced by the Billing Department, corrects entries as needed or deemed appropriate by legal personnel, ensures timely return to the Billing Department for final processing.
- Prepares New Business Memorandum and coordinates with Business Intake Department regarding Conflicts Checks.
- Works with filing assistants ensuring timeliness and accuracy of all files. Assists filing assistants with preparation of closed files for warehouse storage.
- Ability to handle telephone interaction responding to non-routine and routine matters.
- Opens, reviews and sorts all incoming mail. Alerts legal personnel of deadline-sensitive materials or correspondence requiring immediate attention.
- Maintains calendar and coordinate both internal and external meetings.
- Monitors and accurately maintains timekeepers’ dockets.
- Coordinates projects to, and interacts with, all support departments on behalf of assigned legal personnel to ensure all projects are processed within prescribed deadlines. Reviews returned projects for accuracy and ensure all directions were followed.
- Greets clients and visitors when requested to do so by assigned legal personnel; escorts same to appropriate conference area.
- When requested, responsible for client communication via electronic mail.
To excel in this position, you must possess outstanding communication skills, verbal and written. Strong proofreading skills are required for this position, along with being detail oriented, highly organized, and efficient.
If you meet all of the above requirements and are looking to get your foot in the door with a great legal team, apply now!