Our Galleria client is seeking an experienced Paralegal who has insurance defense litigation experience. This is a demanding role where you must have a go-getter attitude, strongly self-driven, and highly organized. You have to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, taking initiative, and working under minimal supervision. Below are primary responsibilities-
- Compose extensive correspondence, pleadings, motions, trial preparations documents, and discovery responses
- Understand discovery responses- Know what information and documents need to be gathered, from whom to get it, how to properly make objections to specific requests, and how to coordinate document production
- Review documents received from insureds and/or carrier and determine which documents are responsive to which discovery requests
- Review all documents received from other parties to determine if new information is contained in them, or if the receipt of the documents triggers a specific deadline
- Have working knowledge of State and Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and statutes
- Ability to review incoming documents, especially plaintiffs’ discovery responses, and prepare a summary of the contents for the adjuster.
- Prepare notebooks for depositions, mediations, and trial
To qualify for this position, you must have defense litigation experience in insurance. A degree is not required as long as you have your certification. Minimum 3-5 years’ experience overall. If you’re a high motivated, driven individual looking for the next best step in your career, this is it! Apply now!
*This position is closed. Please submit your resume below for other opportunities.