This position is permanently closed.
Our client, a prestigious financial services firm located near downtown Houston, is growing their team and needs a sharp Operations Associate to manage finance and trade-related operations and compliance. This role involves monitoring trades, reconciliation, cashiering as needed, and heavy reporting, as well as extensive interaction with other departments, external stakeholders, and clients. Duties include:
- Facilitate initial and subsequent client investments in hedge funds, fund of funds, and alternatives offerings by coordinating with fund liaison, client advisory teams, and internal operations;
- Confirm sending or receiving account is open and in good order at the custodian;
- Confirm AML requirements are in place and the legal entity is accepted by Compliance;
- Manage and monitor partnership trades;
- Prepare and process money movements with cashiering and teams;
- Send approved paperwork to hedge fund manager and/or fund administrator;
- Ensure reporting team codes money movements correctly;
- Confirm LP report is in good order before it is sent out to the broader team;
- Follow up on client requests and resolve related complex issues;
- Correspond with the fund administrator to ensure fund activity is accurately reflected and client changes are recorded in a timely manner;
- Develop and implement new team processes and procedures to improve team workflows;
- Review, confirm and process all paperwork.
Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Economics or Finance, with a minimum of two years in the financial industry. This role requires very strong attention to detail, keen analytical skills, and a focus on consistently meeting deadlines; being tech-savvy and familiar with investment vehicles is strongly preferred. Advanced interpersonal communication skills and superior polish are also needed, given the high degree of client interaction. This firm boasts extremely competitive salaries and exceptional benefits, including a health plan that is 100% paid by the employer. Apply now if you are looking for the next best step in your financial services career!