Our Southwest Houston client is seeking an Office Manager who is responsible for organizing and coordinating office operations and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. This individual must have strong people skills, be able to manage a wide variety of administrative and clerical tasks, and be proficient with computers and the use of Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Primary responsibilities are as follows:
- Supplies management and maintaining spend budget
- Office building, parking and grounds maintenance (all non-shop) – this includes security, gates, parking lights
- Ensure building changes meet compliance and permits before and after completion. – manage office projects
- Maintain conference rooms- hospitality, signage for visitors, arrange working lunches, conference calendars.
- Office Flowers and plant management
- Restroom management
- Preset conference lines for easy access during meeting.
- Printing machines management
- Record keeper of all building plans
- Coordinate with Executive assistants and receptionists as necessary
- Collect mail and distribute
- Coordinate couriers and urgent mail with Shipping dept or house Fedex/ courier accounts.
- Maintain and keep tidy coffee break out areas, and lunch room.
- Develop and Maintain office supply recycle program and bring more awareness.
- Be on call for any emergency after hours and coordinate with HR as necessary.
- Manage office equipment, maintenance and service contracts and systems
- Manage technology and telecommunications systems and provide general support to staff
- Identify and respond to all requests that can be dealt with independently and confidentially
- Maintain an inventory of office supplies and equipment
- Maintain a petty cash system and various budgets
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
- Ability to take initiative, problem solve, and make decisions within job scope
- Schedule management skills
- Highly developed minute-taking skills and ability to develop appropriate action logs,
- An understanding and experience of a fast moving workplace environment
- Superior written, and oral communication skills
- Strong track record of customer service and effective people skills in a human services or healthcare environment
- Good understanding of processes, policies and procedures required for supporting an O&G company
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task without supervision
- Ability to work independently