Manager of Corporate Administration and Legal Affairs
Our client, an international energy & utilities-related company in southwest Houston, is seeking an experienced Manager to oversee Corporate Administration and Legal Affairs. This position will supervise the day-to-day operations of an array of teams in different departments and their members to keep the flow of successful operations, as well as managing the contract process to mitigate risk for the company. Primary responsibilities include:
- Direct oversight of the contracts process, including read/review, advise, negotiate, manage and administer contracts into which the corporation may enter. Includes authorship, review, redline, negotiate, retention as appropriate.
- Manage litigation claims for the company, excluding any human resources-related issues.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of corporate documents for the corporation and subsidiaries, including Resolutions, Notices, Minutes, Agendas, etc.
- Establish, develop and implement Administration strategies, manage departmental budget, hire and supervise contract and Executive Administrative staff.
- Evaluate the administrative structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as providing the team with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities of individuals.
- Direct and interface with insurance broker on certificates of insurance; annual insurance/bond renewals and legal claims as they arise.
- Assist and participate in executive level Strategic Planning exercises and coordinate written results and updates from the meetings.
- Oversee the viability of internal or external sourcing and manage the ongoing provision of activities and services (recycling, vending, janitorial, etc.) including financial management.
A degree is required with ten years of related experience, including direct management of support staff and management of contracts. Proficiency with all Microsoft Office and Salesforce are necessary for this position. This is an exceptional opportunity to lead the Administrative function for a dynamic, growing company.