This position is no longer accepting applications. Please contact us for other opportunities.
Our client, a highly respected legal company headquartered in Houston, is seeking a sharp, dynamic, and professional Legal Assistant to join the Tax Increment Reinvestment Zones (TIRZs), Management Districts, and Municipal Utility District (MUD) department. This position will involve preparation, coordination and attending multiple meetings, preparing all documents for filings, and assisting with documents, orders, resolutions, and correspondence. The role involves a high degree of autonomy to manage multiple overlapping projects and deadlines. Other responsibilities include:
- Draft, organize, and process all board and other meeting documents and correspondence;
- Create, proofread, and edit appropriate legal documents and forms;
- Manage multiple complex calendars, projects, and timelines;
- Respond to inquiries from internal and external stakeholders in a timely and accurate fashion;
- Organize and maintain multiple Board Books, meeting files, and agenda calendars;
- Process documents and transactions, following company protocols and processes.
Bachelor’s degree is required with experience with Tax Increment Reinvestment Zones (TIRZs) and/or Management Districts. The candidate must possess strong communication skills, a professional presentation and poise, and have a very keen eye for details. Strong writing, editing, and/or proofreading skills are a huge plus. If you meet these requirements and are looking for the next best step in your career, apply now!