Our client, an Oil & Gas focused manufacturer in southwest Houston, is seeking a Junior Accountant to join their team. At least 3 years’ accounting experience and a degree are required for this role. Duties will include:
- Manage daily accounting activities, including cash receipts, approving customer refunds and auditing employee expenses.
- Assist in the accounting close process. Identify and execute opportunities to shorten the month-end close process.
- Prepare journal entries.
- Establish a robust Balance Sheet reconciliation process to ensure that accounts are accurately reconciled on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Ensure that financial statements are prepared in accordance with GAAP.
- Interface with management in various departments, providing information and various analyses.
- Initiate business process improvements within the accounting group.
- Support special projects.
- Assist in the coordination of external audits.
- Other accounting projects as required.
Qualified candidates must have:
- Bachelors or Master Degree in Accounting, CPA is preferred.
- 3-5 years of work experience with increasing responsibilities; 1-2 years of manufacturing experience preferred.
- Audit experience preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
- Comfortable operating with large amounts of data and complex models.
- Srtong attention to detail and ability to problem-solve technical issues.
- Ability to identify issues and develop a solution with little guidance.
- Must be proficient in Excel, advance proficiency preferred.
Position reports directly to the Controller. This multinational company offers a great compensation and benefits package, as well as long-term growth within this growing company. If you are looking for the next step in your accounting career, this is an ideal role for you!