A manufacturing client in West Houston is seeking an IT Manager to oversee staff and maintain the efficiency of the network information system. This involves automating and implementing new systems and processes, maintaining all office equipment, and ensure all IT needs are met. A systematic approach to IT will be needed to achieve the following responsibilities:
- Perform analysis of network needs and create design of network architecture, integration, and installation
- Evaluate network hardware and software requirements and capabilities and makes recommendations
- Ensure network hardware and software, including servers, peripherals, network nodes, terminals and wiring are adequate to support users and system needs
- Create, Execute and Manage network configurations and cabling layouts
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware
- Plan, setup and implement Internet connection and access
- Provide technical support for ERP system
- Develop, maintain, and test disaster recovery plans
- Establish and document on site and off site back up procedure
- Assists marketing in AutoCAD sketches, Mock-Ups, uploading pictures, etc.
- Create system and automation to improve Sales’ efficiency
- Negotiate and contract with consultants, technical personnel and vendors for services and products
- Establish budget requirements for equipment replacement
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field is required with at least 7-10 years of successful experience in Windows Network Application. You must also have at least of 5 years of supervisory experience and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Knowledge in Microsoft Access, Microsoft GP, and programming within Dexterity is required. To succeed in this role, having a solid understanding of enterprise architecture, and of business intelligence for decision-making and performance improvement is essential.