Our Houston client is seeking an Inside Sales Representative to oversee all current client relations and grow future partners. In this role, you must work with Operation Leaders and Outside Sales Representatives, giving the assistance necessary to satisfy customer’s needs. You will also be handling a wide variety of duties specific to handling sales calls with customers and vendors regarding inside sales Since this is a sales role, you must have strong, transparent communication skills and be comfortable negotiating.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Promptly respond to customer inquiries with product and pricing information including calls.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all relevant customer issues, pricing and billing procedures, and collections status.
- Assist outside sales team by processing requested customer orders
- Work to understand customers’ business and determine customers’ requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products and solutions and make value-added recommendations
- Maintain accurate and organized records.
- Check email frequently for orders or incoming quotes.
- Ensure quotes and orders are done in a timely manner, meeting deadlines from sales team and customers.
- Carefully review PO numbers and dollar amounts to ensure accuracy.
- Remain knowledgeable of company’s products, market and industry trends, competitors, and leading customer strategies
- Contact vendors to determine product availability, application, price, shipping dates, and delivery charges.
- Follow through with orders to insure on time deliveries to customers
- Other Duties as assigned
Degree is not required for this role. Experience in sales and/or purchasing and customer service as well as basic knowledge of electrical apparatus is preferred. If you are looking for the next best step in your career, apply now!