Our client, a growing international energy-related company near downtown Houston, is seeking a service-oriented Controller to lead their regional accounting team. This client is seeking a candidate with the technical expertise needed for an international accounting leader, along with a mature, professional personality that emphasizes internal clients. Here are a few of the over-arching responsibilities of this leadership role:
- Responsibility for oversight of all month and year-end closing, monthly payroll processing, and regional cashflow tracking and reporting.
- As the regional accounting leader, this role manages a department of six direct reports and collaborates with multiple internal and external stakeholders in multiple countries.
- Analyze, evaluate, and improve accounting processes, policies, and procedures as needed to increase efficiency.
- Assist with creation, implantation, and reporting on all budgets.
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors to ensure legal and regulatory compliance
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or other Business-related field, with IFRS and multi-jurisdiction experience required and CPA highly preferred. Minimum of 7-10 years of recent and relevant accounting experience, with at least 3 years in a management position. This is a fast-paced, matrixed environment requiring a candidate with exceptional interpersonal communication, critical thinking, and analytical skills.