Executive Assistant to President
Our non-profit client is seeking an experienced Executive Assistant to provide executive support to the President and CEO and oversee the overall administration of the President’s office. This role will serve as a primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the President’s office.
- Manage an extremely active and dynamic schedule. Serve in a gatekeeper and gateway role, effectively managing access to the President’s time and office.
- Complete critical aspects of deliverables including drafting and proofing confidential correspondence and written materials as well as compiling documents in preparation for meetings.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Serve as the liaison with the Foundation’s Board of Directors; coordinate various Boards meetings, management meetings, events and correspondence.
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, agendas and expense reports.
- Complete projects and special assignments by determining priorities, managing time, problem solving and monitoring progress.
- Assist with various personal matters.
A Bachelor’s degree is required with a minimum of five years’ experience supporting C-suite level executives. Familiarity with the nonprofit, philanthropic or foundation sector is preferred, but not mandatory. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat are essential.
The candidate must thrive on challenges and be comfortable in a fast-paced, demanding environment with strong organizational skills and has a sense of urgency. With the high volume of executive interaction, the candidate must posses a high level of written and oral communication skills and carry themselves with poise and professionalism.
- Ability to drive results, meet deadlines, take initiative and anticipate needs, working with minimal supervision.
- Forward-looking thinker, proactively seeks opportunities, identifies issues and proposes solutions.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptive to competing demands
- High emotional intelligence and self-awareness, seeking and acting on feedback and gaining insight about personal effectiveness.
- Excellent judgment, integrity and commitment to personal responsibility and accountability.
- Orientation as a team player and appreciate colleagues to deliver excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders.