Our centrally located client in Houston is seeking a reliable Dispatcher to join their growing team. This is a pertinent role as you deal with emergency related calls that are extremely time sensitive. Multi-tasking is of major significance while performing this job which includes taking a high level of phone calls, entering data, and maintaining records. Other responsibilities include:
- Record and transmit significant information.
- Address problems and requests by transmitting information.
- Receive and dispatch units as necessary.
- Prioritize calls according to urgency and importance.
- Use radio, phone or computer to send crews, vehicles or other field units to appropriate locations.
- Monitor the route and status of field units to coordinate and prioritize their schedule.
- Provide field units with information about orders, traffic, obstacles, and requirements.
Prior call center or logistics experience is required, at least 1-3 years. Strong interpersonal communication skills are essential to this role, as well as the ability to multitask under stressful situations, remain organized, and prioritize. You will also need to be able to recall details from numerous informational resources.