Director of Information Technology
Our non-profit client seeks an experienced Information Technology Director to oversee planning, organizing and execution of all IT functions. This role will direct all IT operations, the support and maintenance of existing applications and the development of new technical solutions.
- Serves as an advisor and partner to senior leadership and the organization regarding all matters related to IT and provides strategic thinking and recommendations on enterprise-wide technology and expansion needs.
- Responsible for overall strategic direction, guidance and oversight of short and long-range enterprise-wide IT plans.
- Participates in strategy development, planning and decision-making, and provides appropriate communication and support.
- Represents the IT function at internal meetings when appropriate.
- Directs and prioritizes the work load of IT function
- Participates on all hardware and software evaluations and maintains vendor contracts.
- Evaluates vendor supplied software packages and upgrades to determine compatibility with existing systems, ease of use and if software meets user needs.
- Oversees external vendor relationships.
- Responsible for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of all information-related tasks and workflows within the organization using technology.
- Ensures the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating and maintaining standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Approves all business requirements prior to the technical solution.
- Recommends new systems and procedures where needed.
- Installs or contracts with vendors to install microcomputers, software, and peripheral equipment, following procedures and instructions.
Internal User Support & IT Consulting:
- Assists users to resolve computer related problems
- Ensures employees are trained in use of software or hardware and recommends vendors for more extensive training.
- Serves as the in-house consultant, researching alternate approaches to existing software and hardware when standardized approaches cannot be applied.
- Analyzes complex business needs presented by the user community and/or clients and recommends technical solutions.
- Advises on technical issues such as websites, internet service providers, application service providers and phone systems.
- Assures processes and procedures are in place and followed so that Foundation data is available, reliable and secure.
A Bachelor’s degree is mandatory with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in related work experience in managing an information technology. The candidate must thrive on challenges and be comfortable in a fast-paced, demanding environment while engage in projects, systems, and processes through multiple lifecycles and iterations. More qualities that the candidate must posses are-
- Ability to demonstrate strong technical experience with network administration and design and the most current technologies and products used in the industry.
- A successful track record leading a team, creating a shared purpose, setting goals, facilitating goal accomplishment, coaching and developing others and modeling effective leadership.
*This position is closed. Please submit your resume below for other opportunities.