Director of Grant Administration
Our non-profit client is seeking an experienced, collaborative and strategic professional to serve as our Director of Grant Administration. This individual will lead a core function of the company’s work and integrates the work of grants administration with program, finance, legal, communications and learning and evaluation strategies and priorities.
- Work with leadership to ensure the grantmaking processes and systems efficiently interact with and support the program, learning and evaluation, financial and communications functions and staff.
- Ensure grant activity and contracts are in compliance with policies and tax law applicable to private foundations, in collaboration with others.
- Ensure the reporting needs of staff, leadership and the Board of Directors are met, including creation and production of significant portions of the Board book for each Board meeting.
- Build a highly performing team and an environment where employees are able to succeed, including establishing team and individual performance goals, developing staff, fostering an environment of strong team morale, open dialogue and collaboration among the team.
- Participate in and lead cross-functional projects to enhance institutional effectiveness as it relates to Grant Administration.
- Provides clear and concise grant administration policies and procedures for grantees and staff that support the vision and grantmaking activities.
- Ensure data integrity and quality control of grant records including reconciling program budgets, grants awarded, and grants paid with financial records.
- Support financial staff with reports for the annual audit and IRS filings.
- Oversee the directed and matching grant programs.
- Implement, monitor and update the grant management software that facilitates all grantmaking activity.
- Serve as primary liaison with the software vendor.
- Identify, develop and provide training on grant systems and operations.
- Support external users of the online system when applying for and reporting on grants.
- Initiate and maintain networks of relationships with other grant management professionals locally and nationally.
A Bachelor’s degree is required with a minimum of five years’ experience in related work experience that demonstrates a track record of success in managing grants or a similar operations process, including leading a team. Other qualifications of skills are as follows-
- A strong understanding of and experience with automated systems and process design
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, large operating systems, sophisticated reporting tools and team collaboration software.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to make complex issues understandable and relevant to various audiences.
- Experience working with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Familiarity with the nonprofit, philanthropic or foundation sector and related tax laws and regulations
If you have prior experience with grand administration and non-profit industry experience, apply now for your next best opportunity!