Director of Finance
- Develop and maintain financial accounting, budgeting, forecasting, and accounting policies
- Manage daily accounting operations, creating scalable processes to ensure all financial information is properly captured, reconciled, and documented. Establishing and maintaining good internal controls environments, including account reconciliations.
- Identify business issues and proactively drive key strategic decision-making, partnering with the President
- Provide regular financial and cash reports (KPI’s, monthly, quarterly, and annual) to the President and other stakeholders and contribute to defining internal financial performance metrics
- Create ad hoc analysis and scenario modeling to support decision-making process while evaluating various internal initiatives, and build sophisticated omnichannel revenue models
- Understand the landscape of digital marketing to pressure test budget allocations and overarching digital strategies
- Maintain strong working capital and cash flow management & monitor inventory levels, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Track expenses, budget, taxes, cash flow, receipts and other financial dealings of the company. Analyze cost efficiencies and opportunities.
- Provide and manage month-end and year-end close and timely generation of accurate financial statements; sales tax compliance and filing; and financial audits
- Manage Cost Accounting methods and system
- A self-starter and completer who takes personal responsibility for delivery, optimistic by nature, have a driven “go getter” mentality, and are excited to be on the ground floor of a high-growth company
- At least 8 years experience in corporate finance, ideally working with manufacturing and/or distribution.. A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. Strong accounting skills and GAAP knowledge. Prior experience at large accounting firm, CPA or an MBA is a plus
- Strategic thinker with the ability to think, plan and execute tactically and strategically to react to a changing business environment. A self-starter who can work autonomously.
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills, as well as strong sense of accountability and ownership. High ethical values, practices, and integrity
- Management talent and well-developed leadership skills, able to lead a team with clear vision and expectations, and to work well up and down the organization working in an ‘all in’ environment, shoulder to shoulder with your colleagues
- Excellent at recording data and have the ability to produce clear financial models. A notable expert in Microsoft Excel. Strong organizational and skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities. An accurate, detail-oriented and thoughtful approach to everything you do
- Ideally, current or prior experience at an e-commerce consumer goods company, where you’ve worked directly with marketing teams to evaluate and understand budget planning
- Experience with systems migrations and integrations and/or project management leadership experience a plus