Customer Service Representative
Our client is seeking Customer Service Representative
This position devotes a significant amount of time using effective problem-solving techniques to quality customer assistance to both internal and external customers, as well as performs routine administrative functions related to the development and implementation of policies and procedures within the Department.
- Uses effective questioning techniques to verify/confirm customers’ concerns.
- Responds to customers’ questions received over the phone, face-to-face, or through the mail.
- Receive inbound calls, and assisting customers needing information, making payments, and other inquiries.
- Make outbound calls.
- Will handle petty cash and some purchase transactions via credit card or cash.
- Maintain comprehensive follow-up to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Process all customer requests within the predetermined time frame guidelines.
- Provide accurate & summarizing notes in system of record.
- Answer & provide concise, accurate & complete responses to all inquiries.
- Determine caller’s need & proactively provide appropriate information
- Interprets and implements basic rules, regulations, policies and procedures in day-to-day department operations.
- Drafts correspondence, reports, and other documents; proofs/edits documents for accuracy, content, and format.
- Prepares maps and other graphical representations of data of varying complexity using GIS software.
- Investigates problems/potential problems by means of written and verbal communications; prepares finding and recommends solutions.
- Organizes inventorying, cataloging, retention, and retrieval of department documents.
- Procures necessary supplies and services (e.g. office supplies, telephone change orders, equipment repair and maintenance, office furniture, etc.)
- Participates in special projects or tasks, as assigned.
DESIRED EMPLOYEE ATTRIBUTES
Specific Job Skills:
Excellent written & verbal communication skills; Strong attention to detail; proficient in Microsoft Office; Demonstrated time management & organizational skills; Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills; Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines; Adapts well to changes; Demonstrated success working with diverse clientele.
Attention to detail, thorough, communicates well with internal and external sources for the purposes of information gathering and research, understands the need to be adaptive and flexible in an environment where the priorities are constantly shifting. Work autonomously with minimal supervision and within a results-oriented environment. The successful candidate must have demonstrated problem-solving and reasoning skills, timeliness, persistent follow-through, and be comfortable troubleshooting dynamic issues and making complicated decisions. Works equally well operating independently or as part of a team.
The position is physically comfortable; Requires stooping or bending. Occasional lifting, such as three or four reams of paper or books (up to 20 pounds or an equivalent weight) may be required.
- Call Center experience preferred.
- Customer service experience in manufacturing or industrial (HVAC) industry.
- Must have a positive personality and ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office