Our client, a utilities-related company in south Houston, is looking for an experienced Paralegal to support the CEO, President & Board Chair, and other Senior Officers.
This person will manage the contracts and other legal documents processes for the Leadership Team, as well as some administrative functions and oversight of staff. This role serves as the primary point of contact for all matters pertaining to the CEO and is often called on to interpret and communicate the CEO’s intent to other employees. The work is often of a sensitive, complex and confidential nature requiring confidentiality and discretion with a wide variety of information including such items as compensation, restructurings, internal investigations based on employee complaints, company trade secrets and other confidential information. Duties include:
- Reviewing legal documents and other documents in coordination with Legal and Accounting leadership and departments
- Preparing error free and professional presentations, reports, and other documents for high-level audiences in conjunction with members of the Senior Management team and Board
- Manage the flow of information to members of the executive leadership team, including screening phone calls, opening and sorting mail, and summarize reports and memos that area received before passing the information on to the people they assist
- Preparing and formatting information for internal and external distribution. This may include writing letters and memos, compiling data for reports, creating computerized presentations, writing reports, transcribing dictation, editing, proofreading and other information preparation duties
- Setting up and managing both electronic and paper filing systems, as well as taking steps to maintain that the company is in compliance with all applicable record-keeping requirements
- Office management (as directed) including overseeing the work of clerical-related and other administrative employees, as well as making sure that everything is in place for the office to function smoothly
- Setting up travel, meetings, speaking engagements and other appointments for the senior executive team and Board as needed
- Manage all day-to-day needs, travel and calendar management for the CEO
- Arranging Board meeting logistics and other high-level meetings
- Set and manage the administration annual budget.
A degree or commensurate experience is required, along with 7-10 years’ experience as a Paralegal or Executive Assistant to C-Suite with Board interaction. Management experience is highly preferred as well. This collaborative, agile culture requires an individual who is flexible, analytical, and can think on their feet. Heavy Executive and Board Member interaction.
If you are a high-level Paralegal or Executive Assistant with extensive contracts experience, this could be a great role for you.
*This position is closed. Please submit your resume below for other opportunities.