This position is no longer accepting applications. Please contact us for other opportunities.
Our far North Houston manufacturing company is seeing an experienced Controller to oversee the finance department to ensure efficiency and accuracy. This position involves directing financial activities, conducting a variety of analyses, and performing audits. A more detailed summary of responsibilities is as follows:
- Maintenance of financial ledgers and accounting processes. Prepares monthly and year end Consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet. Timely production of statutory and internal financial reports. Financial modeling and analysis.
- Provides management with timely reviews of organization’s financial status and progress.
- Defines ways to measure and report on the KPI’s to determine what drives the business. Identifies cost saving opportunities and efficiency gains. Reviews and analyzes operating results in relation to cost, budgets and operating policies and makes recommendations for cost reduction and profit improvement with specific attention to variances.
- Ensures that appropriate systems and internal controls are implemented and maintained. Coordinates audits with external and internal auditors, including responses to surveys, to ensure completion by the due dates with no significant discrepancies. Implements routines and accounting practices necessary for maintaining a high standard of controls compliance and proper statement of the balance sheet.
- Develops internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures, ensuring a proper control environment and states its balance sheet appropriately without financial surprises.
- Cash management and treasury duties. Verifies payroll and supports the payroll process.
- Provides leadership and support to accounts receivable and accounts payable functions.
- Ensures the analysis and interpretation of statistical and accounting information. Partners up with other functions outside of finance.
A bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is required with at least seven years’ manufacturing experience. If you have your master’s or CPA, that is preferred, but not required. Apply now for the next best step in your career.