This position is no longer accepting applications. Please contact us for other opportunities.
We are seeking an experienced Controller to join the leadership team for our client, a growing benefits administration company in Houston. This is a key management role for the company that reports directly to the President. This position ensures the financial health and success of the business units and overall company through sound financial policies, management, and administration. Duties include:
- Plan, organize, and direct the finance and accounting department including the development and administration of policies on finance, accounting, insurance, financial/accounting systems, internal controls, and auditing
- Management of all financial departments, allocation of resources, and preparation of the annual budget
- Establishes and monitors the annual operating budget in accordance with sound budgeting principles and guidelines
- Interfaces with Human Resources and other departments in preparation of personnel plans, salary, and benefit proposals
- Evaluates the overall financial position and prepares periodic financial and operating reports
- Forecasting the impact of business decisions and expected outcomes on all financial results
- Oversee all tax filings either in-house or coordinated through third-party tax accounting firm
- Overseeing the coordination and control of the daily operation of the organization’s accounting and financial reporting activities
At least 10 years of accounting/financial management experience, preferably in the insurance, financial services, or the TPA sector. Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required, with advanced degree, CPA, and public accounting knowledge all highly preferred. Superior knowledge in financial reporting and analysis is required, along with a successful track record of progressive responsibilities of innovating solutions to increase productivity and profitability. This is a unique opportunity to guide the financial health of a dynamic service-oriented company.