This position is no longer accepting applications. Please contact us for other opportunities.
Our client, a fast-growing construction firm headquartered south of Houston, is seeking an experienced Controller to join the leadership team of the company. This is a new position for the company, which allows for the right person to put have a dynamic impact. This role encompasses both the strategic and tactical functions of managing the accounting and finance functions for the company to ensure financial health and viability, while positioning the company for continued growth and success. This highly visible role reports to the President and will be a member of the Leadership Team to drive company growth and initiatives. Responsibilities include:
- Overseeing all matters related to accounting including the month-end close, and preparation of monthly financial reporting
- Job costing and Percent Completion Analysis (WIP)
- Budgeting, forecasting, and strategic planning
- Create, set and track financial KPIs
- Manage cash and treasury functions
- Establish and maintain internal controls and related processes
- Prepare statutory filings
- Manage an accounting system implementation
- Work with the outside CPA to prepare audited financial statements and tax returns
- Report on financial status on a regular basis and create ad-hoc reports when needed
- Perform internal audits and assist with external audits
- Ensure compliance with accounting and tax regulations
- Build out, manage, and develop the accounting and finance team
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with 10+ years of accounting experience, with at least 5 years’ management experience. Construction industry experience or knowledge is highly preferred. Fast-paced, no-nonsense, family-oriented culture poised for exponential growth. Great opportunity for a leader to have direct impact on the trajectory of a company.