Our Energy client is seeking a highly driven Conference Coordinator to produce innovative networking conferences and events for their customers. This position will work side by side with the Senior Operations Manager and Conference Producers. Primary duties are as follows-
- Research and visit suitable venues, negotiating contracts and commission structures
- Build commercial opportunities with venue searches and be able to communicate the opportunities and/or compromises on venue selections
- Organize and produce conference set design, signage, workbooks and networking app
- Develop industry knowledge to respond to delegate inquiries and professionally
- Managing budgets across the portfolio and make decisions on costs to meet profit targets
- Accurately track forecasts and profitability results and report on a regular basis, including performance against capacity and targets for exhibitors, sponsors, meeting rooms and attendees.
- Alert and make recommendations when results are behind schedule
- Put together innovative sponsor packages and sponsor options, assisting Sponsorship Managers with sponsorship propositions
- Work closely with the conference team to share information on speakers and sales in the run up to the event
- Manage speakers, sponsors and partners once they have signed up to the event, liaising closely with the Conference Producer and Sponsorship Manager
- Liaise with Conference Producer and Marketing Manager to produce a delegate communication plan, sending out regular updates to engage registered delegates to forthcoming event
- Keep website updated with current event details including venue and accommodation details and speaker and sponsor profiles
- Ownership of decisions relevant to logistics; including location/venue and supplier choices; leading on-site team of the running of the event from start to finish; ensuring logistics are coordinated and the on-site experience runs smoothly to meet expectations
This role is demanding and in need of a person with a take-charge attitude, highly organized, and passionate about creating events. Some travel is involved, so flexibility is a must.
Qualifications for this role-
- Experience in logistics coordination for business events and conferences
- Experience Managing budgets
- Ability to negotiate with supplies on contracts
- Experience of researching and analyzing event data and recommending improvements
- Excellent IT skills, including detailed work with excel spreadsheets
If you are a confident individual who loves to network and build relationships through hosting successful corporate events, apply now because our client wants you!
*This position is closed. Please submit your resume below for other opportunities.