Our international logistics client is seeking a Collections Manager in their Houston office. You will oversee all collection activities of customers for the Americas Region to ensure the accurate and timely collection of customer accounts and minimizing outstanding credit. This position is responsible to communicate and negotiate with customers to obtain payment on their debt; report on the performance of Americas collections and being aware of the potential changes to the payment schedules from our customers and liaise with internal stakeholders.
- Ensure collection from customers enhancing cash flow within established days sales outstanding (DSO) and delinquency guidelines
- Oversight of collection activities including cash application, dispatching invoices, preparing Statements of Accounts, and reconciliations
- Forecast monthly cash receipts
- Investigate and analyze past due accounts
- Coordinate with credit risk team for credit review
- Assist in identification and preparation of bad debt provision or write-offs.
- Participate in collections calls
- Perform review of Collections policies, and contribute to process improvement measures
- Coordinate with legal team regarding legal actions for troubled customers
Must hold a bachelor’s degree or higher with at least 5 years of collections experience preferably within the shipping/logistics or oil/gas industry. They are looking for a relationship builder to work closely with large, multi-national customers. Bilingual Spanish preferred.