Our client, a manufacturing company in south Houston, is looking for an experienced Buyer to join their purchasing department. This individual will be responsible for a $12M budget, with an estimated 20% growth over the next 12-18 months. Responsibilities include:
- Take over procurement spreadsheet and complete build out of strategic sourcing plan (supplier diversity, forward buying programs on key commodities).
- Implement procurement module in Visual Manufacturing (VM) and sunset separate spreadsheets that Gary has been using. Update and maintain item master.
- Develop market intel book on key commodities to aid in forward buying decisions.
- Manage cycle counts to inform procurement decision making process.
- Make regular procurement decisions and issue POs, track orders, keep sales and operations informed on in-bound material status based on re-order registry in VM and sales feedback.
- Maintain cost data for use in VM as needed.
- Assist in developing price book by informing sales on predicted changes in market prices for key commodities.
- Work with engineering to assure we are using the correct specifications during RFQ process.
A degree is preferred, along with 5-7 years’ experience in buying/purchasing, including experience in aluminum/steel/metals. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to join a growing, dynamic company!
*This position is closed. Please submit your resume below for other opportunities.