Our client, a growing EPC company in Pasadena, is seeking an Assistant Controller to assist in all aspects of accounting, including preparing statements, identifying and preventing discrepancies, and helping set up control systems. Duties include:
- Support most aspects of accounting management, including AR/billing, tax forms, reporting etc.
- Assist in creating and/or adjusting internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements, ensuring they are in compliance
- Manage journal entries, invoices, etc., and reconcile accounts for monthly and annual closing
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Participate in preparation for the annual audit
- Develop reports for management and/or regulatory bodies
- Review the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
- Utilize accounting IT system to facilitate processes and maintain records.
Accounting degree required and professional certification (CPA, CMA, etc.) a plus, along with 5-10 years of general accounting experience. Construction Accounting, Project Accounting, or similar experience preferred. Strong data analysis and forecasting experience needed. Candidates with good interpersonal communication skills, strong problem-solving ability, and management experience will excel in this role. This is a stellar opportunity for an Accounting leader ready to take their career to the next step.