Annexations and Creations Legal Assistant
This position is no longer accepting applications. Please contact us for other opportunities.
Our Legal client located in Greenway Plaza is in need of an Annexations and Creations Legal Assistant to assist attorneys and developers to legally alter the boundaries through addition or exclusion of land. This involves coordinating with external entities such as appraisal districts, county clerks/public records, Attorney General’s Office, developers, GIS technicians, chief and deputy appraisers.
• Research and review documents in attempt to provide requested information
• Draft documents, prepare comments, and compile supporting documents
• Review matters, assess status, and make inquiries into appropriate further action
• Draft correspondence and compile enclosures to request documents
• Review matters regarding ownership of land proposed for annexation/inclusion in creation
• Address tasks regarding statutory filings requirements
• Review received documents and update pending file
• Work directly with attorneys, other legal assistants, and support staff
To qualify for this position, a bachelor’s degree is required with at least 5 years of experience. If you’re someone who is superbly detail oriented, excellent at communicating, and has strong writing skills- this may be the role for you!