Our Manufacturing & Distribution client in North Houston is seeking a strong Accounting Manager to oversee the day-to-day accounting operations and manage the accounting staff. This role will work closely with and report to the VP of Finance. Primary responsibilities include:
- Oversee accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and financial reporting
- Review general ledger account reconciliations
- Prepare, review, and analyze financial statements
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as required
- Support the timely completion of quarterly reviews, the annual audit and tax filings
- Monitor cash position and cash commitments to determine loan borrowing draws.
- Provide guidance and support regarding accounting policies and financial issues
- Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training and feedback.
- Monitor compliance and implement procedures to streamline processes and strengthen internal controls.
An Accounting or Finance degree is required with at least 5 years’ experience, as well as a few years of management experience. Must be able to demonstrate experience and proficiency in applying accounting principles and concepts when preparing, reviewing, and analyzing financial statements and reports.