Our family-owned construction company in southwest Houston is seeking an Accountant who will work closely with the Controller and oversee the Accounting Assistant. This role is primarily responsible for accounting for construction activities for projects from conception through completion. Other responsibilities include:
- Perform regular general ledger accounting and job cost accounting functions
- Prepare monthly financial statements and reporting associated with the construction projects
- Compile supporting documents for construction loans
- Identify and track project costs
- Complete yearly insurance renewals.
- Ensure all necessary business licenses/certifications are up to date.
Degree is highly preferred, but not required. Must have at least 5 years of accounting experience within the construction industry. Prior hands-on experience using ComputerEase is preferred. This is a gritty environment, so you must be comfortable with the “hungry” nature that it brings. There is growth opportunity within the coming years, so this is a great role for someone looking for a long term career move.