Our mortgage client in West Houston is seeking an Accountant to join their team. At least 3 years’ accounting experience and a degree are required for this role. Duties will include:
- Manage daily accounting activities, prepare journal entries, billing and invoicing, AP and AR, and payroll
- Assist in the accounting close process. Identify and execute opportunities to shorten the month-end close process.
- Establish a robust Balance Sheet reconciliation process to ensure that accounts are accurately reconciled on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Ensure that financial statements are prepared in accordance with GAAP.
- Interface with management in various departments, providing information and various analyses.
- Initiate business process improvements within the accounting group.
Qualified candidates must have:
- Bachelors or Master Degree in Accounting, CPA is preferred.
- 3-5 years of work experience with increasing responsibilities
- Working knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
- Strong attention to detail and ability to problem-solve technical issues.
- Must be proficient in Excel, advance proficiency preferred.
If you are looking for the next step in your accounting career, this is an ideal role for you!
*This position is closed. Please submit your resume below for other opportunities.